present ideas

Have you all had wonderful holidays?

Since most of the people I ended up making presents for this year read this blog, I decided to wait to post until after Christmas. Hey, at least this way you can start planning for next year, it's never too early, right?

Since I received an early Christmas present in the form of a Silhouette Cameo (!!!!!!), I knew I just had to use it to make some presents. I made a plaque each for my parents and my in-laws.

My mom loves tropical colors so I picked this Bahama Blue color from the Americana craft paint line and I think it turned out really beautiful. I primed it white first, then distressed it a bit after the blue was dry. The font is SNF Infinity Bold and Times New Roman, italicised. I Photoshopped out the last name for their privacy, so it doesn't look quite like that ;)
For my in-laws I picked out this scripture from 3 John. My mother-in-law has blue and pink in her house, so for this plaque I primed it white, then did a layer of Baby Pink from Americana (it's a nice pink without being too dusty rose or bright pink), finishing up with a black layer. When I was finished with all the painting, I distressed this one too. Once again, the fonts are SNF Infinty Bold and Times New Roman. Both plaques received two coats from spray mod-podge after I applied the vinyl letters.



My husband was at Joann's with me and we both fell in love with this superhero fabric, so I used it to make these pocket pillowcases for two of my nephews from a tutorial found at Just Another Hangup.
I started crocheting again about a month ago after years and years of not doing it and found that I picked it up again pretty well! I made these fingerless gloves for one of my sisters with some beautiful purple yarn that changes shades as you work through the ball (although I almost kept them for myself!)
 

Did you make any cute or unique items this year?
 
 

Labels: , , , , , , ,