girly dresser refashion

I love repurposing and refinishing furniture. I don't really get to do it as much as I would like to, and trying to get it done during my little dove's nap time is a challenge, but it still makes me feel good at the end of the day to see what I've done.

This was a dresser that was originally my sister's, then it was in my son's room, and when we moved into our new rental house, it became the property of little miss; so it's gotten a lot of use already and even if I didn't want it a different color, it still would have needed a fresh coat of white paint. However, seeing as how I didn't want to take the effort to paint the walls in this house (we'll only be here a year and things take twice as long with little kiddos running around), I thought this would be the prefect opportunity to bring some color into the room.

I forgot to take a picture before I took off the hardware (see, I was just trying to hurry up and finish before my son woke up from his nap), but the plain, white painted wooden knobs had already been replaced awhile back when I refinished this side table, with these little frosted glass beauties from Hobby Lobby, on clearance AND 50% off.


And here she is, in all her Martha Stewart Living Purple Agate color splendor. A perfect addition to my little girl's nursery. If you need any furniture painting tips, I highly recommend this post from Young House Love.

 
Linked to Made by You Monday
 

Labels: ,