batman and robin

This post originally appeared on Wednesday, October 24, 2012 and has become one of 
my most viewed posts this year! It seemed appropriate to share on Friday the 13th. :)
***********************************

I am super excited to share the Halloween costumes that I made for my kiddos this year. I thought a lot about what I wanted to dress them up like and my son is still young enough to not really have an opinion on the subject. :) First I considered Thing 1 and Thing 2, then I started thinking about having them be Woody and Jessie, since my son loves the Toy Story movies so much (and yes, I started thinking about this before my little Miss was even born).Ultimately, the idea to make them Batman and Robin costumes came after my mother-in-law made my little dove a couple of superhero capes. I had already pinned this cute girl superhero costume idea awhile ago, so from that moment on I was hooked.



My little dove's costume was really easy; the only thing I had to make was the Batman logo shirt. I used Cami (of course) to cut the shape out of Silhouette's heat transfer material. The mask I just happened to find in a toy aisle at Walmart. I already had everything else.



The costume for little Miss was a bit more involved.  The first thing I did was dye a onesie that I already owned red, then added the Robin logo which I also made with heat transfer material. The other main component to the costume is the green tutu, which I made with two different types of green tulle, and some green mesh. I also bought a small amount of yellow bathing suit material to make her a simple cape. I used  a large bib as a template for the cape; after all, a cape is basically just a bib turned backwards. :) I already had her little headband.





Linked to: Craft-O-Maniac, Skip to my Lou, Lamberts Lately, 52 Mantels, Somewhat Simple

Labels: , , ,