"sugar and spice and everything nice" baby shower

About a month ago I was able to help co-host a baby shower for a friend of mine. The theme we decided to go with was "sugar and spice and everything nice" and since I was in charge of decorations, I picked a pink and turquoise color scheme.





I had a lot of stuff already, like the tablecloths, fabric, tissue paper to make the pom poms, and the paper lanterns (and that awesome net canopy which I bought at Ikea awhile ago). I also had a bunch of those clear IBC soda bottles and just happened to have the pink and turquoise straws to go in them. I swear, I didn't realize all the pink and turquoise stuff I had when I picked the colors, it was just a happy surprise as I was planning the decorations! As part of the decorations I made her some personalized onesies that went with the colors and I especially love the way the turquoise ones turned out! I'm going to have to dye something else those colors! This was also my first attempt at making a diaper cake and it was much easier than I had thought. I am so pleased with how this baby shower turned out and I think that the momma-to-be (well, she is already a mom, this will be #4 for her!) enjoyed it, which is all that matters!


Linked to: 52 Mantels, Lamberts Lately, Craft-O-Maniac, Skip to my Lou

Labels: