october mantel

I'm so sorry I missed the last two posts. We went out of town for the weekend and I was so busy running around trying to get things ready to go, I forgot to publish a post for Friday and Monday and didn't think about it till I was in the car on my way out of town in the wee hours of Friday morning. Those are the first posts I've missed all year and it kind of bums me out. :(

I had been looking forward decorating the mantel for the Fall and Winter holidays ever since July when I first started doing these monthly mantel posts. I figured these last three months of the year (Holy torpedoes Batman! We only have three months left of the year? How did that happen?!) would be the easiest to decorate because I actually have decorations for this time of year and I wouldn't have to scrounge around the house for mantel decor.
Can I be honest with you?
I was totally unmotivated. I mean, I actually did have the mantel changed up a few days before October started, but after pulling out the Fall decorations box I realized I had no idea what I wanted to do.
I don't know what my problem is. Well, other than being great with child and exhausted (BTW- I'm 23 weeks along today! Whoop whoop!)... I just can't seem to finish any project that I start. I think it's just my nesting combining with my stress and anxiety over everything that needs to get done around the house...
Okay, enough complaining, cause that's not what you came here for, it is?
A combination of some Ikea baskets I had lying around and a mixture of fabric and real pumpkins is about all the creativity I could muster for the month of October.
Wow, this post is cheery, isn't it? I think I need a nap. :)


Linked to: Lamberts Lately, 52 Mantels,

Labels: