hydrating sugar scrub


Well, Winter might not officially start until December 21st this year, but my skin has been suffering from dry winter weather for awhile now; it doesn't help that my skin tends to be drier when I'm pregnant too--double whammy.
I wanted to share with you a simple and inexpensive hydrating sugar scrub that you can make from items that you'll find in your own kitchen. I use this once or twice a week and my skin always feels so good afterwards! There's a lot of wiggle room with this "recipe", you can really change the ratios as you want, I just find that this works well for me! :)
All it takes is three ingredients, well, maybe four if you want:
Simply combine the ingredients in a container and shake or stir! That's it! This would also make such a great gift for Christmas, maybe combined in a cute little basket with a nice loofah, a candle, and some homemade bath salts.
Extra virgin olive oil has so many great health benefits for your skin; it contains vitamin E, antioxidants, and linoleic acid. Olive oil serves as a deep cleanser for skin and helps to balance your natural oil production. It also contains chlorophyll, which helps to heal scars and wounds. Who knew that so many great benefits could be found in something you can buy in bulk for inexpensive at your local Costco?!



Linked to: Lamberts Lately, 52 Mantels, Organized 31, Craft-O-Maniac, Skip to my Lou

Labels: