red velvet pie

Happy Pi Day!
I have an unconventional pie for you today; well, my husband says it's not a pie, but I say it has a crust, therefore, it's a pie.  For anyone out there that doesn't like pie, then this Red Velvet Pie is the pie for you.
Or just call it a cake with crust if that makes you feel better.


Start with a chocolate cookie crust, either store bought or homemade. Then mix up some red velvet cake batter, once again, either store bought or homemade (spoiler alert, I used a store bought crust AND mix). Fill the pie crust halfway with cake batter (this recipe will make two 9 inch pies, plus a little extra) and bake in a 325 degree oven for 25-30 minutes.


Let it cool and then top with with strawberry cream cheese topping (if this were a cake I would call it frosting, but its's a pie, so it's topping, get over it).
Okay, so I am in love with this cream cheese frosting topping, it is so easy and so delicious, I might never buy store bought cream cheese frosting again!

Strawberry Cream Cheese Topping/Frosting:


Linked to: Craft-O-Maniac, Skip to My Lou,

Labels: ,