floral Mother's Day cards

Mother's Day is less than a month away and I've been brainstorming what I (and my kiddos) are going to do this year for all the wonderful women in our lives. Here is a post from two years ago and it gives you some great options for "floral" cards, if sending flowers is just too expensive (not to sound cheap, but why IS it so flippin' expensive?!). This post originally appeared on May 8, 2012 and has been edited for today's post.
********************************************

Here are three different flower Mother's Day cards, I love the way they turned out! :)

For my sister and sisters-in-law:
I kept it pretty simple, I just created a sleeve to fit around a packet of Texas Bluebonnets and attached a tag that reads, "Sending you Mother's Day flowers from Texas".



For my mom and mother-in-law:
I typed up some of the words from the song, "I Often Go Walking" and just replaced the word "mother" with "grandmother". I Photoshopped a picture of my little dove running through the bluebonnets and also included a packet of Texas Bluebonnet seeds.



For the kid's great-grandmothers:
I figured, what great-grandmother doesn't love a cute little sentimental hand print from their great-grandchild? :) Then I used some die cuts and fabric flowers to create a sort of flower bush effect. This is a great way to get the kids involved!




Labels: ,