"roundup gang" t-shirts

We just got back from the happiest place on earth, and for my kiddo's first trip to Disneyland I really wanted to make them some kind of t-shirts to wear. I only had to decided what I wanted on them, which actually proved to be harder than one might think.
The practical side of me didn't want to do something that said "My First Trip" (like {these}) because we're getting season passes and I wanted them to be able to wear them multiple times, and is it weird that I think it would be strange for them if they wore them when they weren't on their "first trip"?
The over-protective mom side of me didn't want to do something that would have their names personalized on them (like {these}). I once heard something about how you should have your kids names displayed on their backpacks or clothing, because then a stranger could approach them and would know their name, possibly being able to trick them into coming with them; call me crazy, but that has always stuck with me and I think it's good advice.
So then I tried to think of a trio of characters that I could put on their shirts and finally came up with making shirts with the roundup gang on them, which was perfect because two of my three kids love those movies and characters (the third is still too young to know she loves them yet ;) ).

I designed the character silhouettes using Photoshop Elements and then added them to my library in Silhouette. The quick selection tool was a life saver while doing this! I wish I was tech savvy enough to give you a good tutorial on how I did this, because I really struggled with making these silhouettes for some reason. Instead I'll just include the silhouettes here for your use. If you don't know how to add your own images to Silhouette, {here} is a fantastic tutorial from Homemade By Jill.  :) 


I used Cami to cut out some Silhouette heat transfer material and applied them to their shirts. The blue t-shirts I picked up a few bucks at Wal-Mart (my go-to stop for plain, cheap shirts!), and the white onesie was an extra one I had on hand.

I have been to Disneyland many, many times having grown up in southern California (I had annual passes for years), but I think this was one of the most fun times I've been. There is nothing like being a parent and getting to sit next to your child when they ride Big Thunder Mountain for the first time. :)


Linked to: Craft-O-Maniac, Lamberts Lately, Skip to my Lou

Labels: ,