personalized brownie lover gift

So, when I was in my late teens, early twenties, a had a particular group of friends that for some reason, really liked brownies.
I mean, obviously, what's not to like, right?
But really, it was the "thing" that we did. We'd go over somewhere (I seem to remember it usually being my house) and we'd mix up some brownies while we chatted, let them bake while we continued to gab, and talked more while we ate them. This was fairly common, so much so that we got to the point where I didn't have to tell them where anything was to bake, they just knew where things were. I think they even stopped asking if we could make brownies, they just would start making them.
Yes, those are the awesome type of friends I have.
And we just won't talk about that fact that one of them is now the co-creator of a very popular fitness company and website... ahem, you know who you are.
Hey, it's all about balance people. I can totally have as many brownies as I want; as long as the only other thing I eat is lettuce and lean chicken. ;)
So anyway, one of those friends recently had a birthday and I just happened to be in town at the same time. What are the odds, right? To commemorate the occasion, I thought I would give her a small gift to celebrate my brownie loving friend.


I went and picked up a Pyrex and a brownie mix from the store... Ghirardelli... only the good stuff for the birthday girl. ;)
I etched her initial on the side and etched "{K___'s brownies}" on the bottom. Which I realize now people won't be able to see until the pan has been eaten into... so, oops, diy fail. BUt that's okay! It will still be humorous so it's all good!


Then I just nestled the brownie mix in there and tied some twine around it and called it done.
I'm hoping for some thank you brownies in the mail. ;)

 

Labels: ,