Primary Singing Time: i pray in faith

This is another simple singing time that you can pull together fairly easily and quickly; you know, like when the Primary president asks you Saturday evening if it would be possible to do I Pray in Faith tomorrow for singing time and you're like, "Yeah, sure, we don't have church until 1:00 pm anyway, I've got loads of time!"
;)
No, but really, super simple and I had it all typed and printed up in about five minutes, if that.


And really, as I was working on this (you know, in those five whole minutes that it took), I thought that this really is a great song to teach the kids during November, when we're talking about being grateful and giving thanks. It's a good reminder that we don't just pray for the things that we need, but it's important that we remember to thank our Heavenly Father for the blessings we have.
Since sharing time right before we worked on the song had been all about prayer, it was the perfect transition. I just got up and asked the children different questions, such as, "How do we start our prayers?", " What do we say next?" "After we thank him, then what do we do?", etc. Once the four sheets of paper were up on the board then we went through it a few times, did boys "against" girls (I really just have them take turns singing but they love to feel like they're competing), and sang it one last time all the way through. It's an easy little song to learn and they did great!

{I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, also known as Mormons. :) I have mentioned before on this blog that I am the Primary Chorister, which basically means that I get to teach the children in our ward, 18 months-11 years old music every Sunday, for about 40 minutes. I have several different activities and lessons on this blog for Primary Singing Time, but those not of our faith will find that several of the games are applicable for any song that you'd like to teach to young children, such as the paper snowballs game; or you may find songs you're familiar with and would like to introduce your little one to, such as The Star-Spangled Banner.}

Labels: ,