paper stocking care packages

My baby sister turned 19 years old on August 3rd. Exactly four months later, on December 3rd, she reported to the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah to study for 12 days on becoming a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. She will be gone sharing the gospel of Christ with the people of Florida for 18 months, and to say that I am proud of her is an understatement!
I do think that it's a bit unfortunate timing that she left right before Christmas, and I definitely want her to know that she is loved and that we are thinking of her, so I whipped up a couple of Christmas care packages for her companion and her.


I just picked up a few little items that I thought might make good "stocking stuffers" for them, and included in a couple of treats, of course.



Then I traced some some stockings onto ledger sized coverstock, stitched them together, and trimmed off the excess paper. This way they still have some stockings, but they don't need to worry about holding onto them as they move from place to place, and they don't have to feel badly about throwing them out after Christmas! Plus, hopefully the top being stitched shut will keep them form opening their stockings before Christmas morning! :)
This would be a great idea for a college student, or just some happy mail for a friend or family member! It would be so easy to make them cute by having your kiddos color on them, or decorating them with cute stickers too!

Labels: ,