springtime bunny bunting

I was in Target the other day and of course my son wanted to go check out the Dollar Spot. I avoid that part of the store like the plague because it is oh so dangerous. Especially now that they have such cute crafting stuff!
While I was there trying to not look directly at all the goodies, my eyes inadvertently spied a cute little chipboard rabbit bunting. If it had been marked at $1 I might have given in, but it was a $3 item and as someone on a strict budget I couldn't justify it. Luckily, I knew that I could make my own version at home without spending any money!


I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out some chipboard in a rabbit silhouette that I found online, all I did was Google "free rabbit silhouette clipart". That's one of the things that I love about my Silhouette machine, I can make just about any image into a cut file! Sometimes it's really easy, and sometimes it's a long and involved process depending on the type of image, luckily. this one was super easy. Here is the image I used if you're interested:


I couldn't find my jute anywhere (I am convinced at this point it grew legs and walked away on its own accord), so I decided to bring some color to the project with bright yellow embroidery floss. 


I simple hand punched out two holes in each rabbit to sting the floss through. I didn't even worry about the holes being in the exact same spots.
I'm kind of a rebel like that.


And there you have it, for just a couple minutes of my time and spending zero dollars, I saved myself $3 and achieved the same look. (I had more rabbits cut out but when i decided where I wanted to put it, I made the bunting shorter.)



Labels: ,