spreading the love & I need your help

You might remember that back at the beginning of January I posted my goal to complete 30 random acts of kindness by my 30th birthday.


It has been harder than I would have thought.
I've been keeping track on Instagram using the hashtag, #30raok2015, so you can see I still have a long way to go in less than four months.
I think I've realized that being a stay at home mom, who literally stays at home most of the time and doesn't have a lot of interaction with other people, makes it a harder to complete random acts of kindness than it might be for others.
Several weeks ago I even took extra change with me when I knew I'd have to park at parking meters, then I walked around looking for someone who had less than 10 minutes on their meter.
No dice.
Dang people, stop being so responsible! I'm trying to complete some random, freakin' acts of kindness over here!!

So, on another note (but don't worry, I'll circle back), since finding out that we'll be having three little girls sharing one room, I've been working on going through stuff. I mean, I'm pretty good about not hoarding things anyway, and going through things periodically, but I knew we'd need to make some more space in the girls' room if we wanted to make room for another human being.
Thanks to the loving generosity of friends over the years, we have way too many baby clothes. I mean, that's just my opinion, but... I had everything sorted by size in large bins and they were overflowing. And I was like, "if it doesn't fit, we're getting rid of it!" And hubby was like, "I don't think you should get rid of anything until we know we're done having kids. We can buy another bin." Um, hon, the point is to make room, not to bring more stuff into the house. So I didn't say anything else, but continued to sort through clothing and ended up with a small pile of girls clothing and a small pile of boys clothing to get rid of. And the next time I brought it up he just said, "as long as you don't have to buy something to replace it in the future."
Fair enough, fair enough.


So I have a small pile of boy clothing, all in great shape, stain and rip free, some practically like new. And I have a small pile of girl clothing, also in great shape free from tears and stains. There's also some blankets and some bibs in there. There's maybe like, 10 outfits of each, so not a ton. Mostly newborn-6 months size, although there are some bigger clothes, especially in the boy box.
Normally I would donate my items to Deseret Industries (kind of like Goodwill), but I really want to just give these to someone. I know how hard it can be to have a new baby and feel overwhelmed with trying to provide for all of its needs when you're on a strict budget, not to mention all the things you just want... why is baby stuff so cute?!

So here's where you come in, if you or someone you know is pregnant, or recently had a baby, and going through a tough time and could truly use some gently loved baby clothing, please, please email me (littledovecreations@gmail.com) and give me the information. Remember, I have a box of boy stuff, and one of girl stuff to send off to two mommas who need it much more than I do.
Not only am I clearing things out, but I'm also spreading some love, and hopefully fulfilling two more ROAK.
I'm anxiously awaiting your emails!

"...with win/win/win, we all win. Me too."
Name that show. :)


Labels: , ,