this thing we call blogging


When I first started blogging (five years this coming Fall!!) there was a lot that I didn't know. I think that's fairly typical for bloggers, especially those of us that have been around for a few years, before blogging exploded like a burst of fireworks.

I didn't know how addicting it would be. Seriously.
I didn't know how time consuming it would be. You have no idea.
Most importantly, I didn't know that when you become a blogger, you become a part of a community.

I think that has been one of my favorite things about blogging, meeting an entire group of people online that I now consider to be friends. Forming a support network of people that seem to genuinely care about you and how you're doing.

And I don't want you to conjure up images of me all pasty white glued to my computer down in my basement like some nerd man-child who spends his days playing World of Warcraft and totally cut off from the outside world, with only his online life and a bag of Doritos for friends.
I mean, I don't even have a basement.

But seriously, the support that I have received from my new online friends, in this past year especially as I've been reaching out and networking more (see, I'm still learning a lot!), has been amazing to me.
As I have for the past few years, I'll be taking my annual Summer blog break in August.  As much as I love this blog, and I appreciate all of you who take the time to read, comment, pin, and share, this is always a time I look forward to to sort of recharge and relax with my family a bit.
This year, with me also being due with baby #4 at the same time, I was beginning to feel a little bit of stress, which is the opposite of how I want to feel about this blog of mine. So I reached out to some of my blogging groups and asked if anyone might be willing to guest post for me surrounding my break. I figured if I had some takers then it was a win/win. Win for me because it helped create a cushion around my break so I could prepare for baby and then ease back into things with **gulp** four kids; and win for y'all because you'd get some awesome content and maybe be exposed to some new blogs.
I was hoping to get maybe 6 responses, if I was lucky.
I got 12.
Seriously, blown away by everyone's support!

So, what does that mean for you? Starting on July 8, and every Wednesday through mid-October (but remember, not in August during my break) I'll have a new guest post from another blogger for you to enjoy!

Don't worry though, I'm not going anywhere quite yet, I still have lots of great things planned for July, and I'm working on a giveaway for September, squeal! Plus, for the first time ever I'm planning to share my birth story here on this blog once I do get back, and who doesn't like cute baby pictures combined with graphic detail? ;)

I would also like to remind everyone that as of June 30 I will no longer be accepting custom orders through my //online store//. Sales will be limited to what is currently in stock. Custom orders will resume sometime in September. :)

Labels: ,