monday musings link up #5: that time I was in the back of a cop car

On Monday Musings I've talked about some serious and personal things so far.

I've talked about my weight gain and loss through three babies.
I revealed how I really feel about being pregnant again.
I've shared what a day in my life is like.
And I also reminisced a little about my wedding.

So I thought this month I'd talk about something a little more lighthearted.

Like the time I was in the back of a cop car.


I should provide a little bit of background that growing up I was pretty much the opposite of a "problem child" or rebel. In high school I never cut class. I never went to crazy parties. I was on swim team. I was in the performance choir. I went to early morning religious seminary classes before school for four years.
So let's talk about how, in my Junior year of high school, I wound up at a street concert in the middle of LA...


... and then got my wrists zip tied and stuffed into the back of a cop car.


This is something that the majority of my friends from "back then" know about, but most people that have just gotten to know me over the past few years would probably be really surprised to hear this about me.
It's just not something I usually talk about, I mean, how do you really go about bringing something like this up?
Don't get me wrong, I'm so proud, proud that I set out to try and accomplish a little something and I actually achieved it.
I'll be so excited someday to be able to tell my children about this experience and hopefully I'll be "the cool mom" in their eyes.

This should probably be when I tell you...

Hi, my name is Justine and I used to have an agent.




And one of the few jobs I ever got (out of who knows how many auditions I went on) was being handpicked by a certain musical artist that hails from Canada to be a lead in one of her music videos.
And walk away with a story to tell my kids and grandchildren someday.
Seriously though. I have so many positive and lasting memories from the different shoots that I did and I will forever be grateful for those experiences!





And if you have some free time you should check the video out on YouTube and play the "how many second-long shots is Justine in" game.
Maybe someday I'll tell you how much ended up on the cutting room floor...


Bet you thought that was going to be some super scandalous story, didn't you? ;)
*****

Little Dove Creations

Now it's time for me to hear from you! Monday Musings is a link up where we get to know a little something about each other, so what do you want to share about yourself? 
Have you ever been arrested? For real? ;) Have a childhood dream, or living the dream now? Want to share a favorite memory or future goal?

Link up a vintage post, or a new one, it doesn't matter as long as we get to know something about you! Please either grab the Monday Musings button or include a text link on your post, and be sure to visit and comment on some other posts!

Labels: ,