red, white, and blueberry ice cream

Homemade Ice Cream

I love the fourth of July! Any day my husband gets off of work is a good day, plus, throw in barbecuing, swimming, fireworks... what's not to like. Of course, let's not forget the reason that we celebrate, July 4th commemorates the adoption of the Declaration of Independence so it makes sense that this holiday is all about the red, white, and blue! If you live in the U.S., this is a great excuse/reason to teach your kids a little history about our country, and go over the words and story to the Star-Spangled Banner
I love being festive for holidays, and I love ice cream, so this recipe is definitely a win/win!


This recipe for red, white, and blueberry ice cream starts with my standard vanilla base. The red comes from strawberry preserves, and the blueberries are actually chocolate covered blueberries, yum! I love the Brookside brand you can buy in bulk at Costco, which technically are also Acai flavored, but that's okay, I won't tell anyone. ;)

July 4th

Homemade ice cream is the perfect activity to do as a family this holiday weekend! You can click //here// for the recipe!


You might also like:



Labels: