guest post// 5 ingredient ice cream sandwiches

cropped-006.jpg

I’m Ashley from Blonde Girl Cravings. Blonde Girl Cravings is all about cooking sweet treats and savory eats that I am craving!
I’m thrilled to be guest posting for Justine while she’s on a little hiatus to welcome her brand new baby into the world! Congrats on your sweet little one!
ice cream sammy pic monkey
Oh sweet summer time, please don’t ever leave me!  I would eat ice cream year round, but there is nothing I love more in the hot summer months than a scoop of my favorite flavor. These ice cream sandwiches come together in minutes and are a perfect way to enjoy the last of the warm weather before fall comes round.
ice cream sammy (1 of 1)-3
These ice cream sandwiches are so simple to put together, and there are a million different combinations. Just pick your flavor of cake mix and ice cream and get creative! I choose white cake mix and strawberry ice cream and I swear, it tastes just like a frosted animal cookie!!
ice cream sammy (1 of 1)-2
ice cream sammy (1 of 1)-5
I choose to under-bake my cookies slightly so they are more chewy, but if you like a more crisp cookie bake for a few extra minutes. I went simple with sprinkles here, but they would be delicious with nuts, coconut, graham cracker crumbs, mini chocolate chips…. the possibilities are endless!!!
ice cream sammy (1 of 1)-6
5 Ingredient Ice Cream Sandwiches
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl,  combine cake mix, eggs, oil and 2 tablespoons sprinkles. Place cookies on parchment or Silpat lined baking sheets using a cookie scoop. Top each cookie with remaining sprinkles. Bake for 8 minutes or until edges just being to brown. Cool on cookie sheet.
Place cookies in freezer, this makes it easier to press them together with ice cream. After cookies are frozen, scoop softened ice cream onto cookie and top with another, pressing gently to flatten. I prefer to freeze them again to let the ice cream harden, but can be served immediately.
Makes 6 large sandwiches, but cookies can be made smaller for “mini” sandwiches

********
Ohmygoodness... when Ashley sent me this post I started drooling all over my keyboard! 
Thank you so much for sharing this delicious treat with us Ashley!

You can find Ashley on the following social media:
Instagram//Facebook//Pinterest//Twitter

Labels: ,