general conference notes

This weekend is the semiannual conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It happens twice a year, in the Spring and in the Fall, and it's a chance for members of the church, as well as anyone else with access to basic cable or the internet, to listen to living prophets. This is something that I look forward to all year long! I love being able to relax in my own home (with some delicious food!!) and hear uplifting, spiritual messages.
But, as anyone with small children can attest to, trying to watch anything while your kids are awake that doesn't include animated princesses or dancing and singing animals is pretty much impossible. Last year I compiled a bunch of different activities from around the web to help keep your little ones busy while hopefully listening (at least a little bit). I've enjoyed using these different resources because I like to switch up what I have my kids doing during each session so they stay more intersted.

Image source
This year I wanted to make something that would work for a wide range of ages, I even enjoyed writing down some of my notes from last weekend's General Women's Session on it.
There are two spots for featured speakers, one area to write either a quote that stuck out to you, or an overall theme you noticed, and one spot to write your favorite song that was sung. You can either just use one page per session, or make multiple copies and record everything for each session.


My thought was that older kids can take more traditional notes, while you can help younger kids either write one or two words about what was said, or draw pictures to help them remember main points. That's why I wanted to keep it really simple with plenty of room for doodling.


If you'd like to make some copies for your own note taking, you can find it //here//.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! What plans do you have?

Labels: ,