toddler gift guide



Christmas day is exactly one month from Wednesday and I am very happy to say that I am almost done with all my Christmas shopping! Whoohoo!
Even though we keep things fairly simple and only buy each of the kids one type of "toy" present (in total we buy them something needful, something joyful, and something meaningful), it's still almost always a a tough decision of what toy to get them. The struggle between getting them something fun, something that they'll get a lot of use out of, hopefully something that will last through multiple kids...
So I'm pretty pleased with what we've picked out for their "joyful" gifts this year and I wanted to share them with you.


//5 year old son//
This might seem like and odd gift to give for his "joyful" gift, but he has one of these in his Kindergarten classroom and he is obsessed! I know he will be super excited to open it Christmas morning and I love that it's an educational toy, winning! Plus, I'm hoping he'll play it with his little sister too.


//3 year old daughter//
Our daughter loves to dress up (she's a girl, so that's probably a given) and in an effort to keep her from ruining her church clothes, I thought it'd be a good idea to get her some actual dress-up clothes. Bonus, I got these when they were on sale last week AND the day there was a 50% off coupon on the Cartwheel app!


//21 month old daughter//
I saw this at Lakeshore and I thought it would be perfect since this little girl loves puzzles, but tends to walk off with pieces to everything... typical of a toddler, right? I think this will be fun for her and I like that I won't end up with pieces all over the place!


//4 month old daughter//
Obviously, babies don't need much, and they don't even know what's going on anyway so here's where I share one of my tricks with you, a.k.a., I'm about to admit how cheap frugal I am... this cute little stacking toy was something that I got for my youngest's baby shower. Since she wasn't old enough to use it yet anyway, and Mike and I try to limit the amount of toys in our house, I figured I'd keep it for her Christmas present. I've actually done this before with some of my other kids, and sometimes when I buy clothes on clearance in bigger sizes. #livingonabudget

I also thought I'd share a list of toddler and child toys I've compiled from the 2015 Amazon Holiday Toy List. These are toys that have make their list of top picks for this holiday season plus they're ones that we either have, or I think my own kids would love!

For the rest of your holiday shopping, check out my thoughts on simple but thoughtful gift giving in //this// post!

How's your shopping going? What toys are your giving this year?


Links contain affiliates, all opinions are my own.

Labels: ,