maple brown sugar syrup


Thanks to having a diabetic sister, I grew up on store-bought sugar-free syrup, and I loved it. That’s probably also where my love for diet soda came from. To me there was nothing better than the thick, butter-flavored sugar free syrup drenching a plate full of my mom’s homemade crepes. Then I married my husband and I discovered that his mom had always made homemade syrup, and it’s not even difficult to make!


Hold up, you can make maple syrup? I was shocked that this was possible without going out and tapping a sugar maple. Not only does it taste great, but it’s also easy to switch up the flavors. I recently tried this slight variation with brown sugar (I have a slight obsession with brown sugar) and I really liked it!


Another great thing about this recipe is that you might already have everything you need in your kitchen cupboards, and if not, a quick trip to the store and a few dollars will have you pouring this delicious, homemade syrup over your short stack in no time! Get the recipe //here//.



What kind of syrup do you like? Have you ever made your own?


(Links contain affiliates. All opinions are my own.)

Labels: